Organizational Change Resources
- A Journey We Walk Together: Strengthening Indigenous Cultural Competency in Health Organizations from the First Nations Health Managers Association and the Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement (2020). This is a Primer for Health Organizations on Building and Enhancing Indigenous Cultural Competency.
- Anti-Racist Organizational Change: Resources & Tools for Nonprofits from the CommunityWise Resource Centre in Calgary, Alberta (2017).
- Deeper Anti-Racist Organizational Change: More Tools & Resources from the CommunityWise Resource Centre in Calgary, Alberta (2019).
- Anti-Racism Strategies for the Workplace- an online, asynchronous course, for a fee, offered by The University of British Columbia
- Race Forward: The Center for Racial Justice Innovation offers a Racial Equity Impact Assessment (REIA). A REIA is a systematic evaluation of how a proposed action or decision may impact different racial and ethnic groups. The goal of using a REIA is to minimize negative, unanticipated consequences from proposed policies, institutional practices, programs, plans and financial decisions. The REIA can also be a tool for preventing institutional racism and for identifying opportunities to address inequities.
- This fact sheet from the National Collaborating Centre for Indigenous Health (2014) is focused on policies, programs, and strategies to address anti-Indigenous racism, from a Canadian perspective.
- This Viewpoint, published in The Journal of Clinical Investigation in July 2020, provides an actionable framework to build a culture of anti-racism in health care systems.
Click here to return to the main, anti-racism resource page.