Supported by our Provincial Leadership Councils and through the Health System Funding Reform (HSFR) Governance Structure, the work we do includes:
- Partnering with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and Local Health Integration Networks to provide advice and recommendations on improvements to HSFR, including existing and planned components of Health Based Allocation Model (HBAM) and Quality-Based Procedures QBPs
- Recommending policies, directives and guidelines to advance funding reform
- Promoting effectiveness, efficiency and equitable distribution of funding in order to expedite HSFR adoption and improve clinical outcomes for patients
- Providing evidence to promote new integrated models of care that improve value in the health care system, such as Health Hubs for small, isolated communities or bundled care
- Providing impact analysis of announced financial planning targets, surveying members to produce summary information, and providing individual support to hospital CEOs and CFOs
The Ontario Hospital Association is hosting a course entitled Health System Funding Reform (HSFR) Forecasting Fundamentals on December 4, 2017 in Toronto. To learn more and register, click here.