As a major public voice in health care, the OHA advocates on behalf of member hospitals for a sustainable system that meets patient care needs; provides leadership through health system research and development, offers education that serves to help shape the future of health care; and provides services to members that support integration and contribute to the overall quality and efficiency of Ontario’s health care system.
One of the OHA’s missions is to champion innovation and performance improvement through knowledge transfer, education and advocacy. Part of that mission is to promote a safe and healthy environment for Ontario’s public hospitals and for the people of Ontario.
- The OHA actively monitors and assesses impending changes in government policies related to occupational health and safety, including the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, as well as the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act and its regulations. The OHA addresses health and safety issues through the establishment of task forces, committees and focus groups with our stakeholders to develop appropriate responses promptly and effectively.
- As a WSIB Safety Group sponsor, the OHA facilitates and supports health and safety activities and networking for the benefit of the safety group members.
- The OHA works along side external health and safety stakeholders, including the Ministry of Labour (MOL), Ministry of Health and Long-term Care (MOHLTC) and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB). The OHA also represents hospitals on the MOL Health Care Section 21 Committee, WSIB Industrial Manufacturing Advisory Committee (IMAC), the Ontario Business Coalition (OBC), and the Prevention Employer Partners (PEP).
- The Health and Safety Advisory Committee (HSAC) provides advice to the OHA on the information, education, and advocacy needs of its membership with regard to safety, health and the workplace environment. The OHA fosters communication and strategies to facilitate information flow between the Health and Safety Advisory Committee members and OHA members.
- OHA health and safety consulting services are available to individual members as required. This includes reviewing health and safety policies and procedures, delivering health and safety presentations, and conducting health and safety program audits.
If you have questions or for more information please contact Rachel Bredin, Consultant, at 416-205-1576 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or Monique Anglin, Project Assistant at 416-205-1383 or email@example.com.