As a major public voice in health care, the OHA advocates on behalf of member hospitals for a sustainable system that meets patient care needs; provides leadership through health system research and development, offers education that serves to help shape the future of health care; and provides services to members that support integration and contribute to the overall quality and efficiency of Ontario’s health care system.
One of the OHA’s missions is to champion innovation and performance improvement through knowledge transfer, education and advocacy. Part of that mission is to promote a safe and healthy environment for Ontario’s public hospitals and for the people of Ontario.
- The OHA actively monitors and assesses impending changes in government policies related to occupational health and safety, including the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, as well as the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act and its regulations. The OHA addresses health and safety issues through the establishment of task forces, committees and focus groups with our stakeholders to develop appropriate responses promptly and effectively.
- As a WSIB Safety Group sponsor, the OHA facilitates and supports health and safety activities and networking for the benefit of the safety group members.
- Through the OHA Health and Safety Consultant, the OHA participates with external health and safety agencies, including the Ministry of Labour (MOL), Health Care Section 21 Committee, and the Ontario Business Coalition (OBC).
- The Health and Safety Advisory Committee (HSAC) provides advice to the OHA on the information and education needs of its membership with regard to safety, health and the workplace environment. The OHA’s Health and Safety Consultants foster communication and strategies to facilitate information flow between the Health and Safety Advisory Committee members and OHA members.
- OHA health and safety consulting services is available to individual members as required. This includes review of health and safety policies, in-service safety presentations and external safety audits.
If you have questions or for more information please contact Rachel Bredin, Assistant Consultant,
at 416-205-1576 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.